Mr Kostas Syrrakos is a General Surgeon with an interest in Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgery and Endoscopy and a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
He undertook his surgical traning at The Alfred Hospital and Eastern Health, as well as extensive post fellowship training overseas where he undertook Advanced Laparoscopic and Endoscopic training.
Mr Syrrakos is committed to ongoing advancement of his technical skills by annual attendance at surgical training centres of excellence around the world, and is a member of numerous international surgical associations from which he recieves updates of advanced and cutting-edge surgical techniques and management modalities.
Areas of Interest
- Advanced laparoscopic and robotic hernia repair;
- Advanced laparoscopic management of gallbladder and biliary disease;
- Laparoscopic, robotic, endoscopic and minimaly invasive small and large bowel disease management including advanced management of perianal conditions and minimally invasive management of haemorrhoids (expert in the HAL-RAR technique);
- Surgical management of skin lesions/cancers, melanomas and other conditions such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Dupuytren's contracture;
- Medical, endoscopic and laparoscopic management for weight loss.
Approach to patient care:
Mr Syrrakos is committed to providing surgical care of the highest standard to all his patients. Excellence in quality of patient care and outcomes is achieved by:
- use of minimally invasive and cutting-edge surgical techniques;
- ensuring that surgical care is personalised and carefully tailored to individual patient needs;
- use of evidence based surgical approach to ensure excellent patient outcomes.
Memberships - Professional Associations:
- FRACS - Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Surgical Directors Section - Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- GSA - General Surgeons Australia
- GESA - Gastroenterological Society of Australia
- OSSANZ - Obesity Surgery Society of Australia and New Zealand
- HMSA – Hellenic Medical Society of Australia - Director of Community Liaison
- Surgical Supervisor - Monash University
- Member - Surgical Services Committee at Bass Coast Health
- Member - Morbidity and Mortality Committee at Bass Coast Health