The Cardiac Services Unit at Peninsula Private Hospital offers a comprehensive activity and information program to support all cardiac patients to reach their optimum level of cardiac health.
Endorsed by the Heart Foundation of Australia, the sessions aim to foster an understanding of the risk factors for heart disease and how to adapt your lifestyle to making healthy choices.
Cardiac Rehabilitation provides an environment in which you can be as active as is appropriate and safe while being supervised by trained staff who will advise and support you to return to and maintain optimum cardiac health.
Who is the program for?
All patients who have experienced a cardiac event, who have had cardiac surgery or a cardiac procedure, who live with heart failure or who have risk factors for cardiac disease are encouraged to attend Cardiac Rehabilitation.
All information sessions at Cardiac Rehabilitation are presented by experienced and qualified health care professionals.
- The normal functioning of your heart
- Heart disease and when to call for help
- Risk factors for heart disease
- Healthy food choices and label reading
- Medications and using them wisely
- The emotional aspects of heart disease and stress
- Self-monitoring and exercising safely at home
The presenters you will hear include:
- Coronary care trained nursing staff
- Exercise physiologist
- A patient’s experience of a “heart event”
- Each client is encouraged to bring a support person with them at no charge.
- Most health funds will cover the cost of your program. You may wish to inquire with your private health fund.
- Heart Foundation Walking groups are run by the Peninsula Private Hospital Cardiac Rehabilitation Program. Contact us for more information.
Contact us for more information:
Contact Jonathan or Michelle, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Heart Failure Nurses at Peninsula Private Hospital on 9788 3745, 041 2321 354 or the Cardiac Services Unit on 9788 3490