Dr Charles Pilgrim has recently moved his main rooms to Peninsula Private Hospital coinciding with the opening of the Peninsula Private 24 hour Emergency Department. Charles has joined the Victorian HPB Surgery group, and is offering regular local consulting in Frankston as well as in Melbourne.
- M.B.B.S Hons (Monash University)
- F.R.A.C.S. (General Surgery, 2004 –2008)
- Upper Gastrointestinal Fellowship, The Alfred (2008/09)
- PhD, University of Melbourne 2012
- Surgical Oncology HPB Fellowship, Medical College of Wisconsin, USA (2012/13)
- Peninsula Private Hospital
- Frankston Hospital
- Cabrini Hospital
- The Alfred Hospital
- Senior Lecturer, Monash University
- Lieutenant Colonel, Royal Australian Army Medical Corps (ADF)
Scope of Practice:
Charles offers the full range of the most up-to-date and evidence based surgical procedures for surgery of the liver, biliary tract and pancreas, as well as general and upper gastrointestinal laparoscopic procedures. He is also accredited by GESA to perform gastroscopy and colonoscopy.
Charles has also published extensively in many high impact factor peer-reviewed journals on the topics of pancreas cancer, liver cancer and gallbladder cancer, as well as laparoscopic surgery.
He has expertise in surgery for:
- laparoscopic cholecystectomy and bile duct exploration
- laparoscopic inguinal and incisional hernia repair
- laparoscopic fundoplication
- laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding
- pancreas cancer
- primary and secondary liver cancer
- biliary tract and gallbladder cancer
- gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST)
- neuroendocrine cancer
New referrals are welcome, with minimal waiting times currently offered for appointments.
Charles is also happy to be contacted directly by general practitioners to discuss the management of patients.