Dr Melwyn D’Mello is a highly qualified Obstetrician and Gynaecologist with over 30 years’ experience. He completed his training in the UK and Ireland where he practiced as a Consultant.
He commenced working at Peninsula Private Hospital in 2006, having been the Director of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Senior Lecturer at the University of Tasmania. He was on several State and National committees. Dr D’Mello was National Instructor for the Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics in Australia. He has always been actively involved in research, having presented at several International Conferences.
Areas of special interest/expertise
• High and low risk pregnancies
• Vaginal births after cesarean sections
• Twin pregnancies
• Pregnancies complicated by medical disorders including high blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid disease etc.
• Management of menopause including HRT
• Menstrual disorders
• Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
• Abnormal pap smears and Colposcopy
• Vulval disorders
• Urinary Incontinence
Dr D’Mello has vast surgical experience in Gynaecology including:
• Vaginal surgery for prolapse
• Incontinence surgery including insertion of vaginal slings
• Advanced laparoscopic surgery including treatment of endometriosis,
ectopic pregnancies, management of ovarian cysts, infertility
• Endometrial ablation and other treatments of menstrual disorders
Dr D’Mello is a very capable surgeon who is passionate about his profession.