Know Your Midwife
The KYM program gives mums-to-be the very best in Midwifery Continuity-of-Care through the coordination of regular antenatal appointments, care in labour and birth and postnatal care with our highly experienced Peninsula Private Hospital KYM Midwife and your chosen Obstetrician. This gives you the opportunity to form meaningful and trusted relationships with those who will be with you on your path to childbirth.
How does the Know Your Midwife Program work?
Once we have received a referral from your Obstetrician, the Midwife will make contact with you to arrange an antenatal appointment and meet you.
The Midwife and your Obstetrician will share your care. They both will provide you and your loved ones with individual care and follow you through your journey into motherhood.
Midwifery Continuity of Care- "...being cared for by, and able to build a trust and rapport with, the same Midwife during pregnancy, through labour and birth, and into the early weeks of mothering - has benefits for mothers, babies and society." Australian College of Midwives, 2017.
What does Know Your Midwife offer?
Midwifery care by highly skilled Midwives
- Midwifery care by highly skilled Midwives
- Midwifery Continuity of Care
- Shared-care experience
- Support for mothers-to-be & partners
- Antenatal Care
- Antenatal Classes
- Labour & Birth Care
- Postnatal care up to 6 weeks
- Parenting education & Support
- Breastfeeding education & Support
- Access to Women's Health Physiotherapist
No out of pocket Obstetrician fees
When you join our Know Your Midwife Program at Peninsula Private Hospital, a team of Obstetricians will waive their out of pocket fees. Please see link below.
How do I participate in the Know Your Midwife (KYM) program?
- Chose to have your baby at Peninsula Private Hospital
- Discuss KYM program with your Obstetrician (from as early as your first appointment).
- Contact the Peninsula Private Hospital Midwifery Unit on (03) 9788 3468 or email KYM.PPH@ramsayhealth.com.au