Employment: Employment Overview
Getting to Peninsula Private Hospital has never been easier. Peninsula Link Freeway opened in early January 2013 and travel time to all major destinations has been reduced.
For example it's now 45 minutes to Melbourne CBD and less than an hour to Melbourne's International airport with no traffic lights to prolong the journey.
A short 6 minutes drive south on the freeway will take you to the Mornington exit ramp, and a further six minutes to Mount Martha and a continuation of the Mornington Peninsula Freeway to the southern Peninsula including Sorrento and Portsea.
Peninsula Private is adjacent to the largest freeway access and egress point on Cranbourne Road which further simplifies freeway travel.
Caring for staff that takes care of our patients' is key to success at Peninsula Private Hospital. The following are some of the benefits that make working at Peninsula Private as rewarding as it is enjoyable.
- Access to Ramsay Health Care's "Future Leaders" Program for aspiring senior leaders
- Comprehensive Graduate Nurse and Enrolled Nurse Programs
- Access to Scholarship Programs for staff to undertake approved post graduate studies i.e. Critical Care, Peri operative Nursing and Oncology Nursing
- Paid study leave
- Flexible leave programs
- Salary packaging of superannuation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to RHC rewards program
- Access to free confidential counselling
- Comprehensive OH&S program incorporating 'no lift policy'
- Flexible hours of employment
- Free parking, subsidised meals and an active social club
These employment benefits combined with a supportive management team, state of the art facilities, and an outstanding network of doctors and caring nurses create a work environment that is truly as flexible as you need it to be and as challenging as you want to make it.
Opportunities are available in:
- Surgical / Medical
- Intensive Care Unit
- Cardiac Angiography Suite
- Coronary Care Unit
- Operating Suite
If you would like to learn more about opportunities at Peninsula Private Hospital, please contact Sally Cameron, Director of Clinical Services. t: 03 97883604, firstname.lastname@example.org
After hours Emergency Medical Fellows
Opportunities are available for experienced doctors / advanced trainees to fulfil the role of after hours Emergency Medical Fellows. Whilst the position supports the Coronary Care Unit and overnight admissions, Fellows are required to respond to medical emergencies throughout the hospital.
It is a requirement that Fellows have training and skills to insert invasive monitoring lines (arterial and CVC) and perform unsupervised endotracheal intubation should the need ever arise.
Intensive Care Unit registrars respond to 'Cardiac Arrests' throughout the hospital.